Carry your Account with you
Experience a borderless world with UBL Visa Debit Chip Card; gain access to your money anytime anywhere.
Features and Benefits
- No Annual Fee
- Accepted at over 23 million merchant establishments and more than 1 million ATMs across the globe
- Smart Chip & PIN technology for greater security
- Withdraw funds from bank ATMs within the GCC or a Visa ATM worldwide
- Pay Utility Bills
- 24/7 Phone Banking support using automated Interactive Voice Response (IVR) System
FAQs– Contactless Cards
What is Visa Contactless Card?
It is a new method of payment, the latest evolution in Visa payment systems. The technology enables cardholders to 'wave' their card on a contactless Point-of-Sale (PoS) terminal to make transactions (with or without PIN) rather than inserting their cards into PoS terminals.
How does this technology work?
A contactless card has a tiny antenna embedded into the chip, which securely transmits payment instructions to and from a specially adapted card terminal. Any PoS terminals with this feature should have the contactless symbol.
How do I activate this card?
You can activate this card by calling our 24 hour UBL Phone Banking Service at 4444 1314. To enable Contactless payment, first perform a regular Chip & PIN transaction at any ATM or retail point of sale.
What is "transaction WITH or WITHOUT PIN"?
It means, contactless transactions up to amount of QAR 300 will not require PIN. However, transactions with higher amount will require PIN.
What are the limits on this contactless card?
Following limits are applicable on the card:
- Maximum amount allowed for a single contactless transaction without PIN is QAR 300.
- Total collective daily limit of contactless transactions is QAR 1500 after which Chip & PIN transaction would be required to conduct further transactions.
- The number of accumulative contactless transactions allowed is 10, after which PIN would be required to conduct next transaction and again 10 contactless transaction limit will be available.
How do I use my Visa contactless Debit card?
It is very simple and easy, you can make contactless transactions by holding your card within 4cm of the contactless PoS terminal. You can then remove your card and the transaction will be completed.
How long does it take to read the card?
This new technology is very fast. Transaction will be completed in just few seconds.
Where can I use my Contactless card?
You can use your Visa contactless debit card at any retailer displaying the contactless symbol at the point of sale in Qatar or internationally.
What do I do if my contactless card is lost or stolen?
If you have lost your card or suspect unauthorized activity on your card, stop using your contactless card and immediately contact UBL Contact Center 4444 1314.
Can I use my contactless card for tap N pay transactions for any amount?
Yes, you can, for a purchase amounts up to QAR 300 you will not be required to enter a pin. For purchase amounts greater than QAR 300 you will be required to authenticate the transaction by PIN.
Can I use my contactless card both in Qatar and when travelling abroad?
Yes, your contactless card should be accepted both in Qatar and abroad. Just look for symbol on merchant PoS terminal.
What are the benefits of this new technology?
- A contactless card is a quicker and more convenient way to pay.
- It saves time on both sides of the counter, due to shorter transaction times and shorter queue times
- It's more convenient, as there is no need to worry about carrying around pockets of cash
- The card doesn't leave your hand at the checkout when making a contactless purchase
Can I still use my contactless card the traditional way to make a payment?
You can still use your contactless card at ATM's and at PoS terminals by entering your PIN or signing for your transactions.
Can I choose not to have a contactless card?
All new and renewal cards will be automatically issued as contactless enabled debit cards. However, you have the option not to use the tap and pay functionality, and you can always choose to have a CHIP and PIN transaction.
Can I use my contactless card at retailers that do not have contactless terminals?
Yes, you can still use your card, in chip & pin transactions.
Is there any chance that payments may be taken twice from my account?
No. Contactless terminals will only communicate with one card at a time. If you have more than one contactless card in your wallet, you should tap the individual card you want to use, rather than tap your whole wallet.
Can I get cash out with a Card transaction?
Yes at any ATM, which displays Visa logo, and support contactless transaction.
Can I request a contactless card prior to the renewal of my existing card?
Yes, you can request it prior to the expiry of your existing card through your branch.
*Terms and conditions apply
For further information, please call UBL Phone Banking on 4444 1314 (within Qatar) or +971 600 533335 (outside Qatar) or visit any UBL branch