Terms and Conditions governing the Internet Banking Service Of United Bank Limited
Definitions In this document the following words and phrases shall have the meanings as set below unless the context indicates otherwise:
- "Account (s)" refers to the Customer's bank account and/ or credit card account, so maintained with United Bank Ltd ("UBL") which are eligible Account(s) for operations through the use of Internet Banking.
- "Account Information" means information pertaining to the Account(s) maintained by the Customer with the Bank.
- "Affiliate" means the UBL business partners and vendors.
- "Alerts" means the Account Information provided by UBL to the Customer through the Customer's email address.
- ”Bank” refers to United Bank Limited or UBL, which are to be used interchangeably "Customer" refers to the UBL Account holders authorized to use Internet Banking. In case of the Customer being a minor, the legal guardian of such minor may be permitted to use Internet Banking subject to necessary approvals and conditions.
- In this document all references to the Customer being referred in masculine gender shall be deemed to include the feminine gender.
- "Internet Banking" refers to the Internet Banking service offered by UBL to the Customers, as defined below.
- "Internet Banking Service" is one of the fastest and the most convenient way to access your UBL Accounts on the Internet. Customers can view balances, transfer funds within UBL, pay your credit card bills online and other services as UBL may decide to provide from time to time. The availability/non-availability of a particular service shall be at the sole discretion of UBL.
- "Payment Instruction/s" shall mean any instruction given by the Customer to debit funds via UBL Internet Banking Website. These may include credit card bill payment, transferring funds from the Account held by the Customer to accounts held by other approved Customers with UBL. The Bank may in its sole and exclusive discretion confine this facility only to certain permitted Customers or may extend it from time to time to be generally available to all Customers.
- "Personal Information" refers to the information provided by the Customer to UBL.
- "Terms" refer to terms and conditions herein for use of the Internet Banking Service
- "UBL" refers to United Bank Limited.
Applicability of Terms:
- These Terms form the contract between the Customer and UBL for Internet Banking. The Customer shall apply to UBL in the prescribed form for use of Internet Banking. UBL shall be entitled at its sole discretion to accept or reject such applications. By applying for Internet Banking for the first time, the Customer acknowledges and accepts these Terms. These terms and conditions are in addition to those which are agreed by the Customer along with the account opening form.
Internet Banking Service:
- For the purpose of availing Internet Banking, the Customer must have access to the Internet through either a computer or a mobile device. UBL will advise from time to time the compatible Internet software such as Internet browsers; which are required for the optimal use of Internet Banking. There is no obligation on UBL to support all or any specific version of any available software, applications or operating systems.
Internet Banking Access:
The Customer will be assigned an Internet Banking Login ID and a secret password by UBL. However, the Customer is advised to change his password on as frequent basis as he can. To verify and confirm the bill payments and fund transfers, the Customer shall also be provided with a secure static/dynamic PIN, by UBL.
Internet Banking Password:
- The Customer irrevocably unconditionally undertakes to ensure that the password is kept confidential; and to not let any person have access to the Internet while the Customer is accessing his account via Internet Banking.
- If the Customer forgets his Internet Banking password, he may request for the issuance of a new password through the UBL's website or UBL Contact Center.
- The Customer agrees and acknowledges that UBL shall in no way be held responsible or liable if the Customer incurs any loss as a result of information being disclosed by UBL regarding his Account(s) as provided and required to be disclosed by law or disclosed to any party with prior Customer consent.
- Pursuant to the access of the Internet Banking and the Customer shall fully indemnify and hold UBL harmless in respect of the same.
- The Customer shall not disclose any information which is confidential and shall reasonably ensure that the same is not disclosed to any person voluntarily, accidentally or by mistake.
- The Customer shall take all necessary precautions to prevent unauthorized and illegal use of Internet Banking and unauthorized access to his Accounts accessed through Internet Banking by preventing the sharing of information, passwords or access of computer while the customer is accessing his Account/s through Internet Banking.
Maintenance Of Sufficient Balance:
The Customer shall ensure that there are sufficient funds (or prearranged credit facilities) at all material times in the Account/s for the requested operation through Internet Banking, and UBL shall not be liable for any consequences arising out of the Customers failure to ensure inadequacy of funds and/or credit facilities before.
Funds Transfer Through Internet Banking
- UBL shall use its best efforts to effect funds transfer transaction received through Internet Banking subject to availability of sufficient funds in the Account.
- UBL shall specify and update from time to time the limit for carrying out the various kinds of funds transfer or credit card bill payment facilities available to the Customer through Internet Banking. The said facility/ies will be provided in accordance with the arrangement between UBL and the Customers and as per conditions specified by UBL from time to time. UBL shall not be liable for any omission to make all or any of the payments or for late payments for whatsoever cause howsoever arising.
Accuracy of Information
- The Customer is responsible for the correctness and accuracy of any information supplied to UBL by the Customer for use of Internet Banking. UBL accepts no liability for any consequences whether arising out of erroneous information or the accuracy, reliability or completeness of information supplied by the Customer or otherwise.
- If the Customer notices an error in the information supplied to UBL either in the registration form or any other communication, he shall immediately imitate to UBL in writing
- In case of Joint Accounts, financial transactions through Internet Banking, will be available if the mode of operation is indicated as 'either or survivor'. The Customer desirous of using Internet Banking should either be the Account holder and sole signatory or authorized to act independently in case of a joint account.
- In case of joint accounts being operated by more than one Customer, UBL shall act on the instructions (for sign up of Internet Banking) received first and any subsequent instruction shall be neglected. All correspondence will be addressed to the first named person only. All transactions arising from the use of Internet Banking in the joint account shall be binding on all the joint account holders, jointly and severally.
- All instructions received for the operating of Internet Banking Services shall be given online by the Customer in the pre-approved manner approved by UBL.
- The Customer is also solely responsible for the accuracy and authenticity of the Payment Instruction provided to UBL and/or its Affiliates and the same shall be considered to be sufficient to operate Internet Banking.
- UBL shall not be required to independently verify the Payment Instruction; an instruction is effective unless countermanded by further instructions (if received in time and confirmed by UBL). UBL shall have no liability if it does not stop or prevent the implementation of any instruction received from the Customer, in time.
- Where UBL considers, at its discretion, the instructions received from the Customer, to be inconsistent or contradictory it may seek clarification from the Customer before acting on any instructions of the Customer or act upon any other instruction as UBL may seem fit.
- UBL state that they have no liability or obligation to keep a record of the instructions received from the Customer or to provide information to the Customer or for verifying Customer's instructions, if received under normal channels. UBL may refuse to comply with the instructions without assigning any reason and shall not be under any duty to assess the prudence or otherwise of any instruction received from the Customer and have the right to suspend the operations through Internet Banking, if UBL has reason to reasonably believe that the Customer's instructions will lead or expose to direct or indirect loss to UBL or may require an indemnity from the Customer before continuing to operate his Account/s through Internet Banking.
- In pursuit to comply with any existing or current laws and regulations at the time of the transaction, UBL may intercept and investigate any payment instructions and other information or communications sent by the Customer or on the Customers behalf through any other bank.
- The Customer shall be free to give Payment Instructions for the transfer of funds for any purpose as he/she shall deem fit, which are not contrary to any existing laws. Customer agrees and undertakes not to use or allow his Account or give any instructions or request for related services for any illegal or prohibited activities.
For this, the Customer ensures that:
- He has the legal right and authority to access and avail the services obtained from UBL and shall observe and comply with all applicable laws and regulations in each jurisdiction where the services are availed.
- He shall provide UBL such information and/or assistance as is requested by UBL from time to time for the better performance and improvement of the Services provided by UBL or for any other legal obligations of UBL under this Agreement.
- He shall not at any time provide to any person, with any details of the accounts held by Customer with UBL including, but not limited to, any passwords, account numbers, card numbers and PIN’s which may be assigned to the Customer by UBL from time to time or chosen by the Customer, unless the customer is obliged to do so under UAE statute law or any other rules or regulations.
The Customer hereby acknowledges that he utilizes UBL’s Internet Banking Services at his own risk. These risks may include, but not limited to, the following:
- any third person, who obtains access to the account access information (either via hacking or negligence on part of the Customer) , may be able to instruct UBL for fund transfers and initiate Payment Instructions, which UBL will have to comply with.
- The Internet is susceptible to fraud, misuse, hacking and other actions that could affect Payment Instructions to the Bank. Whilst the Bank shall aim to provide security to prevent the same to its best efforts, there is no guarantee from such Internet fraud, hacking and other actions that may affect Payment Instructions to the Bank. The Customer separately indemnifies the bank against all risks arising out of the same.
- The transfer of funds to third party accounts would require proper, accurate and complete details. The Customer would be required to fill in the accurate account number of the account to which the funds are to be transferred. In the event of any inaccuracy in this regard, the Bank is under no obligation to carry out a due diligence of the instructions received and the funds may be transferred to the incorrect account as instructed by the Customer. In such an event the bank shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused.
- The transaction(s) for transfer of funds as per Customer's instruction may not be completed for some reasons. In such cases, the Customer shall not hold the Bank responsible in any manner in the said transaction(s) and contracts and the Customer's sole recourse in this regard shall be with the beneficiary of the transaction.
- The technology for enabling the transfer of funds and other services offered by UBL could be affected by virus or other malicious, destructive or corrupting code, programme or macro. It may also be possible that the website of the Bank may require maintenance and during such time it may not be able to process the request of the Customers. This could result in delays in the processing of instructions or failure in the processing of instructions and other such failures and inability.
- The Customer understands that the Bank disclaims all and any liability, whether direct or indirect, whether arising out of loss of profit or otherwise arising out of any failure or inability by the Bank to honour any Customer instruction for whatsoever reason. The Customer understands and accepts that the Bank shall not be responsible for any of the aforesaid risks and the Bank shall disclaim all liability in respect of the said risks.
Authority to UBL for Internet Banking
- The Customer irrevocably and unconditionally authorizes UBL to access all his Account(s) for effecting banking or other transactions performed by the Customer through Internet Banking. The right to access shall also include the right at UBL's sole discretion to consolidate or merge any or all accounts of the Customer with UBL and the right to set off any amounts owing to UBL without prior notice.
- The instructions of the Customer shall be effected only after authentication of the Customer in accordance with the prescribed procedure for Internet Banking by UBL or any one authorized by UBL. . UBL shall have no obligation to verify the authenticity of any transaction received from the User other than by Login/Password and Pin code.
- The email confirmation, if any, that is received by the Customer at the time of operation of the Internet Banking by the Customer shall be accepted as conclusive and binding for all purposes. All the records of UBL generated by the transactions arising out of the use of the Internet Banking, including the time the transaction recorded shall be conclusive proof of the genuineness and accuracy of the transaction.
- While UBL and the Affiliates shall endeavor to carry out the instructions promptly, they shall not be responsible for any delay in carrying on the instructions due to any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to, failure of operational systems or any requirement of law.
Liability of the Customer:
- Neither UBL nor the Affiliates shall be liable for any unauthorized transactions occurring through Internet Banking and the Customer hereby fully indemnifies and holds UBL and its Affiliates harmless against any action, suit, proceeding initiated against it or any loss, costs or damages incurred by the Customer as a result thereof.
- UBL shall under no circumstance be held liable to the Customer if the Internet Banking is not available in the desired manner for reasons including but not limited to natural calamities, legal restraints, faults in the telecommunication network or network failure, or any other reason beyond the control of UBL. Under no circumstances shall UBL be liable for any damages whatsoever, whether such damages are direct, indirect, incidental consequential and irrespective of whether any claim is based on loss of revenue, interruption of business or any loss of any character or nature whatsoever and whether sustained by the Customer or by any other person.
- Illegal or improper use of the Internet Banking shall render the Customer liable for payment of financial charges as decided by UBL at its sole discretion or will result in suspension of the Customer’s operations through Internet Banking.
- The Customer undertakes to comply with all applicable laws and regulations governing the account of the Customer.
- The Customer may use Internet Banking to direct UBL to provide the Customer with Account Information through Email from time to time to be sent directly to his registered email address. The format and extent of information to be provided by way of Alerts to the Customer shall be determined by UBL. The frequency of the Alerts to be provided to the Customer will be determined by the Customer in accordance with the options provided by UBL. UBL shall under no circumstances whatsoever, be held responsible or liable by the Customer for any delay in delivery of the Alerts nor the inaccuracy of the information contained in such Alerts sent to the Customer by UBL. UBL shall not be liable for the incorrect delivery of, nor for its inability to deliver the Alerts altogether.
- The Customer hereby agrees to bear the charges as may be stipulated by UBL from time to time for availing the Internet Banking Services.
- The Customer shall be clearly notified of the charges through schedule of charges of the Bank or through information posted on the website of the Bank or through emails sent to Customer’s registered email address with the bank.
- The Customer hereby authorizes UBL to recover the service charge by debiting one of the Accounts of the Customer or by sending a bill to the Customer who will be liable to make the payment within a specified period. Failure to do so shall result in recovery of the service charge by UBL in any manner as may deem fit along with such interest, if any, and/or withdrawal of the Internet Banking without any liability to UBL.
Applicability To Future Accounts
- UBL and the Customer agree that if the Customer opens further Accounts with UBL and/or subscribes to any of the products/services of UBL or any of the Affiliates, and UBL extends Internet Banking to such Accounts or products or services and the Customer opts for use thereof, then these Terms, subject to any changes, shall automatically apply to such further use of Internet Banking by the Customer.
- In consideration of UBL providing Internet Banking to the Customer, Customer shall indemnify and hold UBL and/or UBL’s Affiliates, as the case may be, including both their officers, employees and agents, indemnified against all losses and expenses on full indemnity basis which UBL may incur, sustain, suffer or is likely to suffer in connection with UBL or Affiliates' execution of the Customer's instructions and against all actions, claims, demands, proceedings, losses, damages, costs, charges and expenses as a consequence or by reason of providing a service through Internet Banking for any action taken or omitted to be taken by UBL and /or the Affiliates, its officers, employees or agents, on the instructions of the Customer.
- The Customer will pay UBL and /or its Affiliates such amount as may be determined by UBL at it sole discretion to be sufficient to indemnify UBL against any loss or expenses even though they may not have arisen or are contingent in nature.
- The Customer shall take all necessary precautions to ensure that there are no mistakes and errors and that the information given, instructed or provided to UBL is error free, accurate, proper complete and up to date at all points of time. On the other hand in the event of the Customer's Account receiving an incorrect credit by reason of a mistake committed by any other person, UBL shall be entitled to reverse the incorrect credit at any time whatsoever without the prior consent of the Customer. The Customer shall be liable and responsible to Bank and accede to accept the Bank's instructions without questions for any unfair or unjust gain obtained by the Customer as a result of the same.
Disclosure of Information
- The Customer accepts and agrees that UBL and/or its Affiliates or their contractors may hold and process his Personal Information and all other information concerning his Account(s) on computer or otherwise in connection with Internet Banking as well as for analysis, credit scoring and marketing pursuant to being instructed by the customer in writing.
- The Customer also agrees that UBL may disclose, as provided under current UAE law, to other institutions, Personal Information as may be reasonably necessary for reasons inclusive of but not limited to participation in any telecommunication or electronic clearing network, in compliance with a legal directive, for credit rating by recognized credit scoring agencies, for fraud prevention purposes.
Change of Terms
- UBL shall have absolute discretion to amend or supplement or delete any of the Terms contained herein at any time and will endeavor to give prior notice of thirty days for such changes. Such change to the Terms shall be communicated to the Customer through its website or through email sent to the Customer’s registered email address. By continuing to use any existing or new services as may be introduced by UBL, the Customer shall be deemed to have accepted the amended Terms.
- The grant of Internet Banking to a Customer is purely personal in nature and not transferable under any circumstance and shall be used only by the Customer.
Termination of Internet Banking
- The Customer may request for termination of Internet Banking at any time by giving a written notice of at least 15 days to UBL or unsubscribing through the Internet Banking Website. In the case of a written notice the termination shall take effect on the completion of the fifteenth day from the date of receipt at UBL’s registered address of such a written notice. The Customer will remain responsible for any transactions made through Internet Banking until the expiry of such termination. UBL may withdraw or terminate Internet Banking at any time either entirely or with reference to a specific service or Customer; or in case of a breach of Terms by the Customer without any prior notice, or if it learns of the death, bankruptcy or lack of legal capacity of the Customer.
- UBL may publish notices of general nature, which are applicable to all Customers in newspapers or on its web site or through emails sent to customers registered email address. Such notices will have the same effect as a notice served individually to each Customer.
- Clause headings herein are only for convenience and do not affect the meaning of the relative clause. UBL may sub-contract and employ agents to carry out any of its obligations under this contract, subject to applicable laws. Internet Banking Service would be available to the Customers in certain cities only and during timings specified by UBL from time to time and transactions would be carried out on the same day or on the next working day depending upon the time of logging of the transaction (barring the exceptions listed in the Terms). All costs incurred by the User, including but not limited to any telecommunication costs to use Internet Banking, would be borne by the Customer.
- UBL shall be entitled to sell, assign or transfer UBL's right and obligations under the Terms and any security in favor of UBL (including all guarantee/s) to any person of UBL's choice in whole or in part and in such manner and on such terms and conditions as UBL may decide. Any such sale, assignment or transfer shall conclusively bind the Customer and all other persons.
- The Customers, his heirs, legal representatives, executors, administrators and successors are bound by the Terms and the Customer shall not be entitled to transfer or assign any of his rights and obligations.
Right of set-off and Lien:
- UBL shall have the right of set-off and lien, irrespective of any other lien or charge, present as well as future, on the deposits held in the Account(s) or in any other account, whether in single name or joint name(s), to the extent of all outstanding dues, whatsoever, arising as a result of Internet Banking extended to and/ or used by the Customer.
- The Customer acknowledges that the software underlying Internet Banking as well as other Internet related software which are required for accessing Internet Banking is the legal property of the respective vendors. The permission given by UBL to access Internet Banking will not convey any proprietary or ownership rights in such software. The Customer shall not attempt to modify, translate, disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer the software underlying Internet Banking or create any derivative product based on the software.
- The Terms will be construed and enforced in accordance with, and the rights of the parties hereto will be governed by, the laws of UAE applicable therein. Any and all disputes arising under the Terms, whether as to interpretation, performance or otherwise, will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts at Dubai, UAE and each of the parties hereto hereby irrevocably attorns to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts.
- UBL may, in its absolute discretion, commence any legal action or proceedings arising out of a breach of the Terms for Internet Banking by the Customer in any other court, tribunal or other appropriate forum, and the Customer hereby consents to that jurisdiction.
- Any provision of the Terms for Internet Banking which is prohibited or unenforceable in any jurisdiction shall, as to such jurisdiction, be ineffective to the extent of prohibition or unenforceability but shall not invalidate the remaining provisions of the Terms or affect such provision in any other jurisdiction.
Let us know immediately if there's a problem
If you notice any unusual/unauthorized transactions, please change your password and notify us immediately. You may contact us by calling the UBL Contact Centre at +971 600533335 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org