“Kommittee” is a widely known and understood concept amongst Pakistanis and people in the developing world. It is widely practiced as a wealth accumulation scheme, however has historically operated totally outside the regulated financial and banking environment. We are delighted to announce that in line with our legacy of being a leader and innovator, UBL is the first Bank in Pakistan to launch the “UBL Kommittee” which is a first of its kind Kommittee product offered through regulated financial channel.
All UBL current and / or saving account (single, joint, partnership or corporate) holders. All NTB customers will be asked to open up a checking account of their choice first before opening up a Kommittee account.
Minimum denomination to start a Kommittee with UBL
This account can be opened with minimum PKR 5,000/-.(monthly instalment can only be in multiples of PKR 5,000/- upto a maximum of PKR 1,000,000/-
Following are the main features
- Choice of Kommittee Cycles (12 Months, 18 Months, 24 Months)
- No penalty withdrawal prior to completion of chosen Kommittee cycle
- Tax Free Bank Contribution
- Facility of availing Instalment Holiday without any penalty
- Free e-statements for Kommittee account
- Free SMS Service for Kommittee account
Contribution by the Bank is to encourage customer to complete their Kommittee cycle and should not be construed in any form as profit.
- On making payment of all the 24 Months Instalments, a Bank Contribution of 100% of the monthly Kommittee instalment amount will be given to the customer
- On making payments of the all 18 Months Instalment Cycle, a Bank Contribution of 50% of the monthly Kommittee instalment amount will be given to the customer
- On making payment of all the 12 Months Instalment Cycle, a Bank Contribution of 25% of the monthly Kommittee instalment amount to the customer.
Customer can choose from any of the three Kommittee accounts, based on length of Kommittee which is 12 months, 18 months and 24 months.
In case there is no balance in the base account the day of the Kommittee deduction, the Kommittee is marked as “Installment Holiday” and suspended free of charge. The Kommittee Cycle is moved forward by the number of months the Kommittee installment is not paid i.e. the Bank Contribution month is moved forward one month for each installment month missed.
Withdrawal or closing Kommitee is allowed without any penalty, however Bank Contribution will not be given in such cases.